What’s the Enabling Act?
Venezuelan National Assembly has approved the Enabling Law that gives President Nicolás Maduro special powers to decree norms and regulations to fight corruption and protect Venezuelan economy within the frame of economic war that has hit the country in recent months.
Now the Venezuelan President can:
- Dictate and reform norms and instruments that fortify the essential values in the execution of public service.
- Dictate and reform norms and instruments that strengthen sanctions and discipline in crimes related to corruption.
- Dictate norms against that seek control money laundry maneuvers.
- Establish strategies that facilitate response against foreign powers that meddle in Venezuelan successful economic performance.
- Fight against illegal financing of political organizations.
- Establish rules that stop capital flight.
- Dictate norms that fortify National currency
- Fortify the tackling of speculators and hoarders.
You can download a copy of the law here (Spanish version): Habilitante